Monday, March 29, 2010

Under Pressure

Alas, My househusband is no longer! Several weeks ago he began his new job. Two weeks went far too fast, although I feel blessed that in this economy he was able to find a job so quickly. His commute is well over an hour (each way), so morning duties that usually fell on his shoulders now rest neatly on mine. Eh, I'm up for the challenge.

My post today is only slightly D/s-related, so for my readers who come here for the juicy details... fair warning. I had a conversation with a co-worker recently about working under pressure. It was just a few words back and forth, but it was one of those exchanges that has stayed in my mind, and I have found myself reflecting upon it. After hearing that I was taking on additional responsibilities (with regards to work), she said something to the effect of, "You are just like me. You take on a lot because you know you work best under pressure." There is a lot of truth in that statement. I DO take on a lot, I DO work best when I am challenged and pressed a bit.

On a similar note, j and I were both admiring a girl we saw recently. She was in the marines, and dressed in her uniform. She sat tall in her chair, not even resting against the back. We were in an office for about thirty minutes, and she never fidgeted or looked around. She was focused, well-dressed, her hair and makeup were well-done. j commented (as he has before) that he wishes he had been in the military, that he had developed that sense of discipline. We joked about my becoming his drill sergeant- and while it was funny at the time, I could definitely see it being beneficial for us both. He has been slacking a lot lately, due partly to his own laziness and partly to my lack of desire (being overwhelmed with work). I would love to have a submissive who is dedicated and performs tasks without being asked, but j is not one of those subs. I accept that, but I do believe he needs an ass kicking every now and then!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh a private to fulfill all your needs...that could be interesting. Wonder what you'd make him spit-shine? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true submissive will do that. A bit of discipline to him would be like dessert.

    ReplyDelete