Saturday, April 21, 2012

Amsterdamn, That's Hot!

This past year has involved extensive traveling throughout the world. Many cities throughout Europe are, not surprisingly, more sex-friendly but none as much as Amsterdam.

People in Amsterdam seem to have embraced their sexuality the same way that Germans have embraced beer. Prostitution is legal and in the Red Light District you can literally window show for your woman on of the evening. Swingers clubs, brothels and sex toy shops line the streets.

Amsterdam hosts the first and oldest Sex Museum not tucked in some back alley but rather right on a main thoroughfare. The theme of the museum is sensual love, something I quite enjoy! The sounds of a woman screaming in passion pervade the Marquis de Sade hall. The museum boasts over 500,000 visitors a year.

Amsterdam is also headquarters of the World Museum of Erotic Art, an online erotic art collection. The contemporary and historical erotic art ranges from mild to off the charts wild! I am familiar with some of the artists but many are new to me.

Although I was not able to explore these things as I would have liked I was able to visit some toy shops throughout Europe. They are a far cry from your traditional sex toy shop in the States. BDSM accoutrements are not relegated to some dusty corner but instead are often the main event! Many of the stores are fully stocked with all sorts of BDSM paraphernalia. They lean more towards Eros Boutique in Boston or the oft mourned D/s Toychest in Meriden. The shopkeepers are often quite knowledgeable and proud of their products.

In addition to all the sexiness Amsterdam also has some incredible art museums, breathtaking architecture and a totally nifty canal system. I am looking forward to visiting Amsterdam again in the future when I can take my time to see ALL the sights.

1 comment:

  1. You left out the coffee shops. Amsterdam has a host of adult entertainment. Live sex shows and 24 drinking. I also enjoy a long weekend there as often as I can. Hamburg also has a lively adult playground.

    ReplyDelete