Thursday, March 19, 2009

Talk to Me!

Sh (submissive hubby) grew up in a Catholic household, where sex was never discussed, and masturbation was a sin. He tends to have a difficult time discussing sex, even with me, his Mistress. My household was different, more open and accepting. I can talk about sex until I am blue in the face. It is one of my favorite topics of conversation! Sh and I get along well, and rarely have conflicts, but when we do they usually involve communication (or rather, a lack of it). I am pleased that sh has been working on ways of communicating with me. I asked him to start a blog a while back, and he has been posting fairly regularly to it. I believe he feels more free to express himself through writing rather than verbally.

One of the most important things that I have learned in my time experimenting with D/s is that frequent communication is crucial. Needs change, desires change, limits change, so in a practical sense communication is important, but I believe there is more to it than that. After a scene with sh, as I am basking in the glow of the many orgasms I just had, I want to talk about my experience. It is something akin to getting off a roller coaster and reliving it with your friends - “Man, when we went upside down twice, that was awesome!” I want to discuss what I loved, and when appropriate, what I did not. I want to hear from him how he felt during the scene, as I can use this information when I’m deciding how to torture and tease him next time!

Ultimately, communication is never a bad thing, and I hope that sh continues to grow in his ability to share his thoughts with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment