Thursday, April 23, 2009

Farewell to an Old Friend

I am a dominant woman, therefore I love submissive men and shopping! I regularly combine these two activities and shop for toys and equipment to use on sh, as well as sexy lingerie. I do much of my shopping online, since it is quick and convenient. Online stores like Stockroom and Extreme Restraints carry so many delightfully wicked things! But sometimes I like to see and touch items before I buy them (especially if that means I get to tease sh during our store visit).

Most erotic boutiques cater to the vanilla crowd. They are filled with dildos and vibrators, some lingerie, boatloads of lube, and every variety of condom imaginable. Any BDSM toys are in the far corner, away from the sight of the soccer moms and beltway dads. Usually the selection is quite limited: some fur-lined cuffs, maybe a whip or two, nipple clamps, blindfolds, and rope. These boutiques make me truly appreciate when I come across a store devoted entirely to KINK!

Only two stores that I have visited so far have given me the variety and selection I desired. One store is Eros Boutique, located in Boston. It is a super-small store, crammed with D/s related toys, clothing and equipment. I could easily drop thousands of dollars there! But the second store is my true love: D/s Toychest in Meriden, CT. This shop, located above a pizza place, is like a department store of depravity. It is filled with any and every D/s toy or piece of furniture I can imagine. I visit this store at least once a year, and always leave with a big bag full of goodies.

Sadly, D/s Toychest closed down recently. Apparently the owner passed away, and the decision was made to close up shop. I am sad to see it go, not just because it had so many great things, but also because I always felt comfortable and welcomed there. Last time I was there I spoke with a gentleman about a D/s scene he had witnessed involving two women that sounded tantalizing! I hope that someone will reopen it soon, as I love having a place where I can try my toys before I buy them.

Somewhere in heaven there is a horny man with a whip in his hand!

1 comment:

  1. Please post any news you have if it opens again. Missing my kink outlet badly. R.I.P. Greg

    ReplyDelete