Sunday, July 19, 2009

Setting Goals & Thoughts On Switching Roles

There are a lot of changes going on in our lives. It does seem, however, that a good amount of our time has been freed up. In fact, we have spent the past couple of weekends doing... nothing. Sure, we did some shopping, and had dinner with my sister and her family, but overall the time has been spent sitting around the house like vegetables. So, it is time to regroup.

I have decided to set a few goals for myself, kind of like mid-year resolutions if you will. I have the standard goals: lose weight, exercise more, save more money... then I have some non-traditional goals: make more private time for j and I, enjoy my sexuality more, be more open, and finally, blog more.

I get this feeling from time to time, a feeling of wanting to clean things up in my life. Change the things I do not like, make the things I do like even better. It feels good, it feels refreshing, it feels invigorating.

Seems that I am not the only one looking for a change... Domina and anthony (from The Path Least Chosen) are seeking to switch roles, at least temporarily. Domina wrote a very heartfelt post regarding this, and I can understand where she is coming from. It is hard to be always on, always in control. At times it even feels monotonous. Around here, I struggle with having to make all of the decisions. j cannot make even minor decisions on his own and always comes to me to choose. 95 percent of the time I am fine with it, but it does get old.

Sexually though, I would have a difficult time being submissive. I am not sure if that is because of my partner or just who I am. Imagining j being dominant in the bedroom is almost laughable. He is not a wimpy man or anything like that, he is just extremely careful about approaching me sexually. I could never see him just having his way with me. About a year ago I gave him the opportunity to try. Like Domina, I just wanted to be taken. It didn't happen. In fact, nothing happened. After reading Domina's post this morning, I asked him about that time. He said that he just did not feel comfortable taking control in the bedroom, and he would never be able to dominate me there or even outside of the bedroom. And, after he read Domina's post later, he looked over and said that he is afraid of what I would do to him if he ever dared slap me in the face (as well he should be!!!)

Do I understand the desire to switch, to change things up from time to time? Sure! Is it for me? Nope. Just like urethral sounds aren't for my wonderful friends Domina and anthony. I guess that is the great thing about Dominance and submission... it is what you make of it, and as long as no one gets hurt, it's all good!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how much of a switch it is. It's something we've done a few times over the last few years. Ultimately, she's still in control. It's more "green light", go ahead and ravage me in bed.

    As for reaching goals and getting ducks in order, I just finished the book 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People'. I highly recommend it. It's not like other self improvement materials I suffered through from employment programs. Suffice it to say, I've had similar feelings about reaching some goals. Chaos in life breeds organization!

    -a

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good ravaging is never a bad thing!

    Thanks for the recommendation on the book, I'll have to read it soon. Sometimes if chaos kicks us in the ass and helps us reflect on changes that need to be made, it is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an honor to be mentioned so heavily in your blogging : ) And I am very glad that our posts/blog lend to thought-provoking converation between you and j. Good stuff!

    -D

    P.S. Thanks so much for your visit today! : )

    ReplyDelete