Saturday, September 26, 2009

All Dressed Up and Nowhere To Go

I'm a pretty understanding person. I understand that sometimes things happen beyond our control. But it is difficult to be understanding when things like this happen... a lot.

We were all set to have dinner with Domina and anthony tonight. By all set, I mean that j and I had taken our daughter to her grandmother's house for the weekend (3 hours away), j had gotten everything for dinner together, we had arranged to have our dogs elsewhere for the evening, the house had been picked up. j had texted and called anthony around noon and did not get a response. Around 2 pm, he got a phone call from anthony saying that he and Domina would not be coming. Something had come up with his kids, and he would not be able to make it.

I was in the bedroom, getting ready, when j came in. He said to me, "You know, we need to find new friends. D and a will not be coming tonight." He went on to explain that a had called, and that something was going on with his soon-to-be ex-wife and kids.

This should not have come as a surprise to me. As you may remember, two weekends ago, right in the middle of a great dinner, Domina and anthony had to leave unexpectedly when he had to go pick up his daughter. j and I were quite disappointed, but at the same time understanding. We have both been divorced, and we have kids. We know that sometimes things come up.

It was their idea to get together this weekend to try things again. It was a great idea- it required a little finagling on our part to make arrangements for our daughter, but we felt that their company was worth it.

Right now I don't know what to say. It's mid-afternoon, and we live in a rural area so it's not like we can pick up and go to a nice dinner or a movie and make the best of a bad situation. Yes, we could be intimate, but as angry as I am right now I might take it out on j.

This whole thing makes me sad. I am, and have always been, a giving person. I think nothing of being their for my friends when they need me, and when Domina and anthony were having a rough time, I did everything I could to help them both. I talked/emailed/texted Domina for hours on end. I met with both of them and tried to help them reconcile.

Even after it seemed their relationship was drifting back towards "Vanillaville," I wanted to remain friends with Domina. As I have posted before, she is the type of person I would like to be friends with even if we did not share the common bond of being Dommes. The fact that we do is the icing on the cake.

j and I were both excited when it seemed that the D/s passion was back between them. We were happy for them, and happy for ourselves as well, since we had first met as a D/s couple seeking another D/s couple for friendship. And while part of me wants to just let the disappointment go and move on, I do not know if I can.

To their credit, they did try to shift things around to come out for a short time. But it seemed pointless, since they would be driving quite a bit for a short amount of time here, and really the offer to do that only came up after I got upset about them cancelling on us.

So here I am, dressed up and looking quite hot, and feeling not too unlike how I did two weeks ago when they left in the midst of a fantastic dinner to attend to a crisis. I really like both of them, j and I love spending time with them, but if their lives are in so much turmoil that they cannot keep their plans (or at least give a reasonable amount of notice), I am not sure that it is beneficial to continue on.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, that really blows. I am much like you and would've been upset/angry as well. Maybe once their issues are a bit more resolved planning things won't be such a hassle. In the meantime I would definitely look for some other like-minded folks to share time with.

    Nothing like having a Plan B...or C =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are not enough apologies that can be said. I don't even know what to say to you both. j is right, you need to find new friends. Obviously, anthony and I cannot even commit to even a evening's peace given the situation. There is nothing I can do or say to make it better. Please know that I am just as miserable as you are. Sooooo looking forward to it tonight. I cannot even...well, that's just it, I can't even find the words to you both how I feel. Please take care, and I wish you both all of the very best. You are wonderful people, and I am so very sorry that we have fucked this all up. Thank you very everything that you have done for me, and all of the help and support you have shown. I love you both...be well and know that I am so very sorry that...aw hell, I don't even know what all to be sorry for. everything.

    -D

    -D

    ReplyDelete
  3. bummer. having the rug pulled out is a frustration for sure. you are welcome to post for my wife. she responds to ones on my blog. she is pleasant, well educated, woman who has been in executive situations for going on a decade. WLM is new to her though.

    me, I'm a hopeless submissive.

    anyway, your feelings are valid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. There aren't many FLR blogs which discuss the friendship between different FLR couples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think J should have taken some pictures of you in your outfit to impress. As they say, "If life deals you lemons, you make lemonade."

    Who knows where that would have led, and then both of you would be laughing off the bad turns, and remembering the good ones.

    ReplyDelete