Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Looking for New D/s Friends

Several months ago, while surfing Craigslist, I came across an ad from a Femdom couple who were looking to meet another Femdom couple. I was very excited, as they were located relatively close to us and enjoyed similar activities (both hobbies/likes as well as kinks). After emailing back and forth a few times, we chatted online. Shortly thereafter we met in person, for dinner and drinks. The meeting was a lot of fun, and once we all were comfortable with each other the conversation became quite revealing. It was so nice to be able to relax and be ourselves around others, especially knowing that they shared our desire for a female-led relationship.

We have continued getting to know them better over the past few months, but sadly they are struggling quite a bit in their relationship and lives and have decided to put aside their D/s interests until things settle down for them. While we are certainly still friends with them, I am sad that the sole couple that we are completely open with has put their common bond with us on hiatus. Which puts me on my current quest- to find another couple who shares our Femdom interests and lifestyle.

Before I met our friends I did not realize the value of bonding with a couple who shares similar passions. Now that their paths have diverged from ours, I am missing the familiarity and comradery.

5 comments:

  1. bummer. good friends are hard to come by, let alone ones that would share a WLM dynamic too. I turned to blogging, but real life is definitely better for sharing ideas.

    anyway, good luck finding another couple to hang out with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our best friends know alot about us, not as much as our fellow bloggers and follower do however. I am always looking for signs in other couples we get together with, I wonder if any of them are thinking the same. I do agree it would be nice to meet other couples in this lifestyle. We have so far to go, we still aren't sure where we are going or when we will be there!
    I'm curious if the couple looked anything like you thought they would? One of my favorite comments with Kb7 is if our friends and family only knew what we are really all about!
    Good luck in your quest.
    L07

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subservient- We were fortunate as we came across our first set of D/s friends almost by accident. We were not even thinking about meeting another couple until then. I am sure that finding another D/s couple that we share so much in common with will be tough!

    L07- Some of our close friends probably have an idea what the nature of our relationship is, though most likely they see it as j just being a very devoted husband. We frequently consider the relationships of our friends- it seems that several of them are in Femdom relationships and just don't know it. ; )

    I really did not have any preconceived ideas in my mind prior to meeting the couple, and we had not even asked what they looked like. I had a slight fear going into it that they were going to show up in full D/s regalia, but they did not. They are a very normal couple, both attractive and down to earth. Had I not read their blog beforehand, I would have had no idea that they were a D/s couple.

    Interestingly enough, prior to meeting we had all read each other's blogs, so I knew quite a bit about them and they knew about us. It is not very often that you meet someone for the first time and already know the intimate details of their person life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been in touch with several couples in our area through She Makes the Rules. Unfortunately, they never came through when it came to actually meeting, mostly because the wives were too apprehensive to meet.

    Fortunately we were able to meet a couple through another forum, and although we had some reservations about meeting at first, they turned out to be wonderful people. Sadly, we don't get to meet with them as frequently as we would like. Having friends with whom you can be open about your lifestyle is absolutely the best. Wish we had more couples in the lifestyle as friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear things didn't turn out well ... for now anyway. It seems like it was going very well. This post makes me wonder though if our relationship with Mistress will get to this point. I would definitely like to and I suspect She might too. We shall see I guess.

    ReplyDelete